Have You Seen ABCOC – TV?
In search for new ideas on how to collaborate with and educate your ABC colleagues within your region, and bring in some new members? Check out this awesome idea created by two ABC members from Orange County (ABCOC), California. Find out more about Kelsey Sage and Danielle Leilani, and ABCOC – TV.
1. What gave you the idea to create the channel?
- Social media is such a huge part of our industry nowadays – it’s how millennial couples find their wedding professionals, it’s where brides go to get wedding inspiration, and it’s ultimately how us business owners get most of our business. I found there was huge opportunity in incorporating something more relevant when it came to promoting our members and sponsors, so ABCOC-TV was conceptualized! Each month, we interview one new member who is sponsoring an upcoming meeting and it’s been a lot of fun so far!
2. What is the goal?
- The ultimate goal of ABCOC-TV is to promote our members and share their stories. So many of our members have such interesting backgrounds, takes on business, niches, and points of views, and it’s exciting to be able to share that with the world. Using a video platform has become integral in growing any business, organization or otherwise, and it’s also a fun way for other wedding professionals to learn about their industry colleagues. Our hope is that more people get excited about becoming a member of ABC-OC by learning more about our actual members and what we all bring to the table.
3. What has the response to the channel been?
- It has been great! We’ve gotten loads of positive feedback on the channel, and look forward to growing it much more in 2019!
Interested in seeing what the rave is all about? Here’s the link to their first of 6 episodes which you can find on Youtube.
SUBSCRIBE and stay tuned for ABCOC – TV 2019.
Learn more about Kelsey and Danielle
Kelsey’s Bio | Member for 5 years
I have been in event planning and hospitality for almost 10 years, and can honestly say that it just keeps getting better. This industry is simply one of a kind, and I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to be making someone’s dreams come true. Cheesy I know, but everyone loves a good love story, and I love a great wedding! My love for events lies not only in the planning and execution, but in the creation/design of a vision brought from my clients.
I love bringing together the perfect elements and one-of-a-kind details to create a cohesive look for my clients. Over the years, I have worn many hats in the event planning industry, and have worked with Wedding/Social Events, Incentive/Travel Programs, Corporate Meeting Planning, Product Launches, Hollywood Red Carpet Events, Tradeshows, and Fashion Shows. I have also had the amazing opportunity to work at an event venue for two hotels in their Catering & Conference Services Departments.
One of the greatest aspects of my job is getting to know my clients and reflecting their unique style into an unforgettable day! I can’t wait to help tell your love story!
Danielle’s Bio | Member for 5 years
My love of styling began straight out of the womb. Every childhood photo of me is in some outrageously colorful outfit with as many bangles and rings that my little hands and arms could handle. My love for people began when I couldn’t wait to start school before the age of five so I could meet new friends. My love of organization and multitasking began when I was six years old and I would read five books at a time while painting my nails and coming up with some grand scheme in my head.
Wedding Planning is something that I not only love, but I know I was meant to do. After being the first person in my family to receive a college degree – Mine is in Journalism and Anthropology from California State University, Fullerton, I landed a job as a Fashion and Events writer with the Orange County Register, and even had my own fashion column. From there, I worked as a cheerleading coach for middle and high school girls and competed in scholarship pageants which allowed me to delve into philanthropy work. I then fell into a Junior PR Associate Position at a boutique Fashion PR in Downtown LA. Each of these positions in their own ways led me to realize my true passion – events. I’ve been planning weddings and events for 5 years and I’ve never looked back.
I approach each new wedding like a brand new adventure that neither I or the client have been on. This makes for a fun, intimate, and one-of-a-kind experience. A wedding should be uniquely yours, and that is why I strive to live up to my motto.
Leilani Weddings was born out of a burning desire to start a company that creates beautiful weddings for brides and grooms. Leilani means “heavenly flower” in the Hawaiian language, and was also the name of my beautiful mother who I lost in 2014 to heart disease. Her spirit is in everything that I do, and is a part of what drives me.
A wedding should be you. A wedding should be special. A wedding should be uniquely designed and styled.
December 17, 2018
Tags: ABC, ABC-OC TV, ABCOC - TV, Association of Bridal Consultants, Danielle Leilani, event planning, event planning certification, K. Sage Events, Kelsey Sage, Leilani Weddings, Orange County Wedding Planners, wedding blog, Wedding Industry, wedding planner blog, Wedding Planner Certification, Wedding Planner Conference, Wedding Planner Education, wedding wednesday, Weddings